Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Five for Friday

It's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday Saturday!

 What a week! The countdown has begun in every room in the building except mine, because we still have ONE MORE state test to take. Only 7 more school days with my kiddos. I'm getting excited for everything I have coming up this summer, but I'm going to miss my kiddos from this year. They really are a sweet group. So...here's my week in rewind.


So, as I said in my last post, I won a giveaway from Swimming into Second and C. Jayne Teach. I could choose any personalized item. On her website - this was a TOUGH decision! I couldn't live without this clipboard. Seriously-- bright colors, chevron, and my name. It's SO nice! It arrived this morning, and it seriously brightened my day! 


3 Down, 1 To Go!! We have taken our Science, Social Studies, and Reading SOL. Now, on to Math!! I had explained to my kids that they can't talk about the questions on the test, and how the teachers aren't allowed to know what's on the test until the state releases the items. This week, after our reading test was over, another teacher asked my kids how they did. One of my "Rule Followers" said - "We can't talk about it!!" I had to explain - it's okay to say how you FELT about the test, but not about the actual test. 



See that little guy? This is a tree stump at my moms, and she's been saying how she wanted it gone. All those bags are soil she has to build up a flower bed around that light post in the background. This little woodpecker has been coming every day this week going CRAZY over this stump. We went to check it, and he's chipped away almost the whole stump! My niece was very curious, and did a google search to find out more information -- she was intrigued by this guy for about an hour! Did you know they peck out rectangular holes? Google says they do -- and we just HAD to check it out. 


Who wants to spend the last days of school doing BORING seat work?! No one. Ever. Seriously! Plus - the kids get burnt out quickly. So, for the past 2 days, and the next 2 days, we have been doing some REALLY fun reviews. 
My Duck Dynasty review was a hit! 


Monday, we are going to play SCOOT with the Geometry/Measurement Review Task Cards I made, and Geometry Bingo


I got a promotion! In a time where our county has made MORE cuts, I'm OBVIOUSLY not talking about in teaching.  I'm now a Thirty One Independent SENIOR Consultant. It was my goal to make Senior Consultant in less than a year, and I did it. Next stop, director! :) 


1 comments:

  1. hey there! Thanks for visiting me. I love your blog design! So fun and what a neat font!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

    ReplyDelete