Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I'm Lovin' Wednesday! Linky Party

Today I'm Linking up with Covered in Glitter and Glue for What I'm Loving Wednesday! 
To see more What I'm Loving Wednesday's - go on over to her blog: 
Covered in Glitter and Glue
So, what am I loving this week??

1. I was allowed back in my classroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a product - but I'm SO incredibly happy to be in my classroom setting up! 

2. CONTACT PAPER -- Seriously - this stuff has given my classroom a whole new look! I picked mine up at the Dollar General for $2.75 a roll! I love the black and white -- it really makes the colors in my room POP! 
Book Case Before!

Book Case After! 

Small Group Table Before

 
Group Table After
3. Black and White! Continuing on the black and white pattern - I just love the elegance of B&W! Check out this "Welcome" letter I wrote on this B&W Chevron template. 
Are you totally loving the look?? (That's just a picture of it on my screen -- if you want it, go to Danielle's TpT store HERE and get it! It was FREE!) 

4. Felt. Say Whaaaaaaat? Did that crazy woman just say felt? Yes - yes I did. See -- for YEARS we have had tennis balls on the bottom of our desks to help them move on the floor without scratching the floors up. Yes, they are expensive, but one of our teacher's husband is a Tennis Pro - so he donates them to us! So, we used what we had. They didn't allow the desk to form groups though because the tennis balls created a gap! Soooo frustrating. One day I was cruising on Pinterest, and I saw this post. (Go look). It said to use felt on the chairs.....why not desk I thought?! So, I put it on my Pinterest to do list - and thought I'd never have the time to do it. By myself, I wouldn't have! Thank Goodness Tierra, a high schooler who works for me during the summer who is an aspiring teacher, donated her day to me to help in my room!!! 

Complete!!! I couldn't have done it without her. She even helped my BFF Candice with hers! 

5. Computer Play Time -- 
I L-O-V-E all things Technology. Really! I know I haven't been blogging as long as some others - but I run 3 weeks of technology programs for my district every summer. It's kind of my thing! I don't get much "play time" though -- it's all work flow! So, I was very happy to get to spend some time playing around, and even created this sheet for my morning math: 

Do you love it? Go to the previous post to download it for FREE! 

6. My Family 
I am loving my time this summer that I got to spend with my hubby and my fur babies. I have had lunch with my hubby at least 3 days a week for the whole summer! 
Here they are tonight relaxing after dinner ready to snuggle up for a movie! Both of my fur babies are rescues - and they are rotten! I love being home with them more. (I did work all summer, but I went in later, and left earlier - leaving me more time with my poochies! ) 

7. New followers -- My tiny baby blog is growing!! I have more than 10 followers! (I count bloglovin' and blogger!) I am so flattered that many people would want to read my writings! So, THANK YOU for reading :) 

Hope you all have a fabulous Hump Day! What are you Loving this Wednesday? 








2 comments:

  1. I love the felt thing, and am SO tempted to do it to all my kinders chairs...the sound when they drag/push them across the floor drives me crazy sometimes!!! And it might make my giant tables easier to move...right??? LOL! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your post, and will certainly be back to visit again!

    Becca
    Kindergarten A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! I LOVE my desk now - they move so much easier. My tables and chairs still have tennis balls - but I will be changing the chairs very soon! :)

      Delete