Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Keep Calm....and Return to Work!!!


Wow- tomorrow is our first "official" day back of Teacher Workdays! I have avoided started to get things organized. I have a "Things to Print" folder......and I'm putting things in it! Then, I got TOTALLY side tracked, and found this website where you can make your own Keep Calm posters. I'm in love. Check them out HERE. First, I made this one.....


Anyone have this "See 3 Before Me" rule? When I'm working small groups, or individual students, I point to my C3B4ME poster-- but it needed updating. I can't get enough of the "Keep Calm", so this was perfect! This means students must see and ask 3 other students for assistance before interrupting me. They know not to interrupt unless it's an emergency - and this helps students feel they still have a voice. 

Then, I made this one......

My AR Computers need some decoration, and I am becoming a PRO at procrastinating. 

I should not be complaining - I could not have asked for a more perfect way to wrap up my week. I spent the day out on the bike with my hubs. First, we went to breakfast, then to the gym. After a great lifting/cardio session, he surprised me with a new Pandora bead from Finks, and we had a great lunch together. I took care of the weekly grocery shopping, made an amazing roast chicken for dinner, and now I'm cuddling with  my fur babies avoiding getting things done for tomorrow! 




I hope all of my fellow bloggers who go back tomorrow have a FABULOUS first day back! I wish for you more productivity than talking! I swear, teachers should have one day of "summer catch up" talks -- we really miss each other the few weeks we are gone! I know my goal is to get into the building early and get SOMETHING done! 


3 comments:

  1. I would just like to 'like' everything you posted! Love the sweet pooches!! Have a great day back, tomorrow! I know I will! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I am loving the "Keep Calm" posters....thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower :)

    Lisa
    Fluent in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I found your blog through the VA Blog Hop and a comment you left! I live in the Roanoke area and teach in Bedford County. We start back on Thursday, and I am so not ready! At least we will be out by Memorial Day, even though my son won't be!

    "Enjoy" the first day back!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete